AFC Portchester were dealt a crushing defeat on a dismal afternoon at the Crest Finance Stadium.
The visitors were well worth their win and the home side were left disappointed by the manner in which they were defeated.
There was no sign of the carnage to come when the Royals made a bright start to the game.
With two minutes on the clock a cross from the left found Mike Turvey inside the box and keeper Max Frampton had to get down low to turn his header away from goal.
Portchester took the lead on six minutes after Brandon Miller was put clear inside the box and Frampton saved his effort on goal. From the throw in on the left, the ball was crossed into the box and Miller hit home a low shot which the keeper couldn’t keep out.
On 23 minutes Turvey burst through into the box on the right after good play in midfield but his shot went across Frampton and wide of the far post.
Two minutes later Christchurch had their first chance of the afternoon when Billy Walker tried his luck from the edge of the box and the combination of a defender and keeper Charlie Searle blocked the goal bound shot.
However, the visitors drew level on 28 minutes after a penalty was awarded for a handball on the edge of penalty area. Ashley Pope buried his spot kick low into the corner.
On 36 minutes Portchester had a good chance when a free kick was fed to Steve Ramsey and his low shot had to be turned away by Frampton.
Christchurch took the lead three minutes before half time following a shot from the edge of the box which hit the crossbar. The rebound was turned back across goal and Walker rolled the ball home from close range.
Things started to go downhill for Portchester from this moment in the game. Shortly after the goal, Pope hit a shot which was always rising over the target but at the start of the second half he hit another shot which this time thumped against the crossbar before being hacked clear to safety.
The home side’s chances of battling their way back into the game diminished further on 52 minutes when Ramsey received his marching orders from the referee after picking up his second yellow card of the game.
On 79 minutes Christchurch went close to increasing their lead when a corner from the right dropped to Lucas Murrain and after he prodded the ball towards goal his effort was deflected on to the post and Pope’s shot was then pushed away by Charlie Searle.
The visitors did get their third goal on 82 minutes when Murrain picked up the ball in midfield. He drove forward and held off a defender before curling his shot low past Charlie Searle and into the net.
The fourth goal followed two minutes from the end when Murrain picked up a cross from the left into the penalty area. His shot was blocked but then substitute Scott Rogers forced the rebound home from in front of the goal.
There was still time for another attempt on goal from the visitors when Pope picked up the ball on the left. He cut inside before hitting a shot which took a slight deflection off of a defender but enough of one to take the ball on to the crossbar.


AFC Portchester
The Crest Finance Stadium
Wicor Recreation Ground
Cranleigh Road
PO16 9DP

+44 (0) 1329 233833